Welcome to ACR Beyond! ACR Beyond is a subscription-based service offered by the American College of Rheumatology (“ACR”) that provides users with access to innovative scientific and educational content (the “ACR Beyond content”) through ACR’s online learning platform, streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected, computers and other devices (“ACR Beyond-ready devices”).
- Privacy. “Personally identifying information” is subject to our Privacy Statement, the terms of which are incorporated herein. Please review our Privacy Statement to understand how we utilize data that you provide to us.
- Communication Preferences. By using the ACR Beyond service and registering to use the Site, you consent to receiving electronic communications from ACR Beyond relating to your account using the contact information that you provide to us. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration, or posting communications on the ACR Beyond service, or in the “Your Account” page and will include notices about your account and are part of your relationship with ACR Beyond. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You also consent to receiving certain other communications from us, such as newsletters about new ACR Beyond features and content, special offers, promotional announcements and customer surveys via email or other methods. Please review our Privacy Statement (https://www.rheumatology.org/about-us/newsroom/website-policies) for further detail on our marketing communications.
- Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Annual Membership. Your ACR Beyond account, which may start with a free trial, will have its access revoked if a subscription is not purchased before the end of the trial period. You must have Internet access and provide us with a valid, accepted method of payment (as such may be updated from time to time), to purchase continued access to the ACR Beyond service.
- Free Trials
- Your ACR Beyond membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for seven (7) days, or as otherwise specified during signup. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply. Free trials are for new and certain former members only. ACR reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.
- Recurring Billing. We currently do not offer recurring billing, and all purchases are one-time transactions. We reserve the right to offer or require recurring billing in the future once membership expires or other purchases are made
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- ACR Beyond Service
- The ACR Beyond service and any content viewed through our Site are for your personal and non-commercial use only (unless specifically outlined in a separate agreement). During your ACR Beyond membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the ACR Beyond service and view ACR Beyond content through the service. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances without ACR’s prior written permission.
- We continually update the ACR Beyond service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of ACR Beyond content, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
- ACR Beyond content is not available for download or offline viewing without ACR’s prior written consent.
- The availability of ACR Beyond content to view will change from time to time. The quality of the display of the ACR Beyond content may vary from device to device and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. ACR Beyond makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your viewing experience on your display. The time it takes to begin viewing ACR Beyond content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the ACR Beyond content you have selected and the configuration of your ACR Beyond-ready device.
- ACR Beyond software is currently developed by INXPO for ACR Beyond, and it is designed to enable streaming and viewing of content from ACR Beyond through ACR Beyond-ready devices. This software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities may also differ between devices. BY USING OUR SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO RECEIVE, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR PROMPTING, UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE ACR BEYOND AND RELATED THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOREGOING TERMS, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE. WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE DEVICES, INCLUDING THE CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY OF THE DEVICE WITH OUR SERVICE. By using our service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the ACR Beyond service.
- Passwords and Account Access
- The member who created the ACR Beyond account and whose payment method is charged is referred to here as the “Account Owner.” The Account Owner has access and control over your ACR Beyond account. The Account Owner’s control is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s password, and therefore, to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting ACR Beyond Customer Service and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal the details associated with the account. Account Owners are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information provided to us relating to their accounts.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the ACR Beyond website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. ACR reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. ACR is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on an account by either a representative of ACR or by the automated processes of the Site.
- Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability
- THE ACR BEYOND SERVICE AND ALL CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, OR ANY OTHER FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACR BEYOND SERVICE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” WITH ALL FAULTS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ACR DOES NOT GUARANTEE, REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE ACR BEYOND SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. ACR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR THE USE OF APPLICATIONS, ACR BEYOND-READY DEVICES AND ACR BEYOND SOFTWARE (INCLUDING THEIR CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY WITH OUR SERVICE).
- TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF RHEUMATOLOGY, OR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Promotions. From time to time, other types of promotional codes may be available, including those provided as part of a third-party promotion. Promotional codes may be redeemed as described in the specifics of the promotion. Promotional codes can only be used once, cannot be redeemed for cash and may be combined with other offers, including a free trial, subject to certain restrictions as determined by ACR in its sole discretion. If you received a promotional code through an offer by a third party, additional conditions may apply.
- Intellectual Property. All information and content provided on this Site, whether explicitly marked or not, are the property of ACR or others, and are subject to U.S. and international copyright and unfair competition laws. The information and content provided includes, but is not limited to, the text, graphics, image, video, audio, animation and software, their related files and their arrangement on the Site.
All trademarks, service marks, logos, model and brand names, emblems and protectable trade dress elements (collectively, “Marks”), whether explicitly marked or not, used on this Site are owned by ACR or used under license, and are subject to U.S. (federal and state) and international trademark and unfair competition laws.
You may not copy, reproduce, download, upload, post, broadcast, transmit, distribute, publish, republish or otherwise use any information, content or Marks provided on this Site in any form or by any means, or by any information storage or retrieval system for any commercial use without the express written permission of ACR.
Nothing contained in any Site shall be construed as conferring, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of ACR or any third party. You are not permitted to create a hyperlink to any page or portion of any Site or frame any page or portion of any Site without the prior written permission of ACR. Any use of the information, content or Marks provided on any Site that does not comport with the above Terms shall be an unauthorized use and subject you to civil and criminal penalties as provided by U.S. and international intellectual property laws and other applicable laws.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes a copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the ACR Beyond service, please notify us immediately.
- Use of Information Submitted. ACR is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (“Feedback”), including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the ACR Beyond service, including the Site and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgment or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the ACR Beyond service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note ACR does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for ACR Beyond content, and it is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to ACR. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against ACR and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
- Live Events. Live events are purchased separately and price will vary based on event. Availability of live event content may change, and availability is only guaranteed during the predetermined availability time frame.
- Children's Privacy. None of the content and information on the College’s website is targeted toward children under eighteen (18) years of age. We make every effort possible to ensure that we do not collect or maintain information on our website from those we know to be younger than 16 unless parental consent has been obtained in writing. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any Personal Information through the Site. If you are under the age of 18 and have already provided Personal Information through the Site, please have your parent or guardian contact us immediately using the information below so that we can remove such Personal Information from our files.
- Disclosures. ACR is an independent, professional organization that does not endorse specific procedures or products of any pharmaceutical/biotech concern. Any ACR educational content presented on the Site or the ACR Beyond service has been independently planned by the appropriate planning committee under the ACR Committee on Education. The material presented is not intended to represent the only or the best methods appropriate for the medical situations discussed, but rather it is intended to present the opinions of the authors or presenters, which may be helpful to other practitioners. Individuals participating in ACR Beyond educational content do so with full knowledge that they waive any claim they might have against the ACR for reliance on any information presented.
Last updated: October 24, 2017